Re: Security with PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gavin M. Roy
Subject Re: Security with PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi, this is a better question for pgsql-general, but you should find
what you need here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/client-authentication.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/user-manag.html

With accountability, if you use stored procedures to process your data
you could call self-constructed auditing functions, and you can of
course log all of your transactional data:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html

But this will be logging SQL statements and associated information.

Regards,

Gavin Roy