Re: posgres tunning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin M. Roy
Subject Re: posgres tunning
Date
List pgsql-general
We use PHP, but think of it as a universal PgSQL proxy..  If you connect to a connection you setup in pgBouncer via psql, it looks like a normal database.   Nothing is different in your code but where you connect (for us, it's the same as our core DB server on a different server).  Let me know if that answers your question, would be happy to elaborate further if needed.

On 8/19/07, phoenix.kiula@gmail.com <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com > wrote:
On Jul 23, 5:18 am, g...@myyearbook.com ("Gavin M. Roy") wrote:
> You might want to look at pgBouncer to pool your drupal pgsql needs.  I've
> found with 2000 needed connections, I can pool out to only 30 backends and
> still push 8k transactions per second.

How you do use pgBouncer -- through an application developed in PHP or
Perl? It would be lovely if you can share some info about this
seemingly useful app which comes with so little documentation on how
to actually get using. The Skype site mentions the install bits, but
not how to actually query the pgBouncer stuff instead of the database.
Very hard to come by some actual code. Could you please share some?
Many thanks!

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend