Re: "has_column_privilege()" issue with attnums and non-existent columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: "has_column_privilege()" issue with attnums and non-existent columns
Date
Re: "has_column_privilege()" issue with attnums and non-existent columns  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/21/21 12:27 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think we may have to adjust the acl.c APIs, or maybe better provide new
> entry points, so that we can have variants of pg_xxx_aclcheck that won't
> throw a hard error upon not finding the row.  We cheesily tried to avoid
> adjusting those APIs to support the semantics we need here, and we now see
> that it didn't really work.

Ok, I took a shot at that; see attached.

Questions:

1. I confined the changes to just pg_class_aclcheck/mask
    and pg_attribute_aclcheck/mask -- did you intend
    that we do this same change across the board? Or
    perhaps do the rest of them once we open up pg15
    development?

2. This seems more invasive than something we would want
    to back patch -- agreed?

Joe
--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com