Re: Need for "Getting Started" Tutorial - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: Need for "Getting Started" Tutorial
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I share the same feeling. One of the misconceptions with PostgreSQL is
that it is a very hard-to-install product, not user-friendly,
especially for potential new users such as students. That is totally
wrong and it is something that we must solve as community.

During the next PGDay we will try and open PostgreSQL to these users
and I believe such a tutorial is something that goes into the same
direction.

Tonight, Federico is going to start the Road To PGDay initiative in
Prato (we invite other members all over the world to dedicate one
event to PG promotion) and we have 25 subscribers! It's a great
result, if you think that it is an after-dinner event - even though it
is free.

We could grab potential new users that are willing to share their
'install' experience with the rest of the world. What do you think
guys?

Ciao,
Gabriele