Re: Triggers when importing data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Triggers when importing data
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/28/18 9:43 PM, Sathish Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to export and import sql file of a database. I would like to know whether it will execute all the
triggerswhen importing the sql dump which is for Insert or Update or Delete.

Well you command as constructed below will have no INSERTs(or UPDATES OR
DELETES). The data will be moved into the tables using COPY. Even if you
use --inserts(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/app-pgdump.html) that
is all you will get. Can you explain more what it is you are trying to
achieve or expect?

> Export:pg_dump -h test -U db_admin --format=plain --no-owner --no-acl production     | sed -E 's/(DROP|CREATE|COMMENT
ON)EXTENSION/-- \1 EXTENSION/g' > test.sql

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com