Re: Append only replication over intermittent links (with local onlydelete?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Append only replication over intermittent links (with local onlydelete?)
Date
List pgsql-general

Am 14.06.2018 um 14:04 schrieb Uri Braun:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to run Postgres -- flexible on exact version -- on some
> devices installed in cars and replicated to a central server over cell
> phone modems. I expect dropped connections due to: lack of coverage
> (remote areas), dead spots, tunnels, cars parked in garages, device
> power disconnected, etc. I expect all data to be generated on the car
> devices and want it to eventually be copied over to the central
> server. I would also like to be able to delete old data -- say months
> old -- on the car equipment and NOT have those deletes propagate to
> the central server.
>
> To be clear, the car device will surely add data -- append rows -- and
> may very occasionally add a new table. I would expect the only case
> where a delete may occur -- other than culling old data -- is during
> recovery of a partial write or transaction rollbacks. The time
> requirements are loose, but I would like replication consistency
> within hours (once connected).
>
> I'm wondering what replication scheme is appropriate for this use case
> and how to configure it appropriately.

i think pglogical can fit your requirements, please take a look:

https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com