Remove libpq.rc, use win32ver.rc for libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Remove libpq.rc, use win32ver.rc for libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I was wondering why we have a separate libpq.rc for libpq and use
win32ver.rc for all other components.  I suspect this is also a leftover
from the now-removed client-only Windows build.  With a bit of tweaking
we can use win32ver.rc for libpq as well and remove a bit of duplicative
code.

I have tested this patch with MSVC and MinGW.

I've also added some comments and a documentation link to be able to
understand this business a bit better.

Attachment