Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sven R. Kunze
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 27.04.2017 15:07, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1 for CREATE TABLE..PARTITION OF...DEFAULT syntax.
>> I think substituting DEFAULT for FOR VALUES is appropriate as
>> both cases are mutually exclusive.

Just to make sound a little rounder:

CREATE TABLE ... PARTITION OF ... AS DEFAULT
CREATE TABLE ... PARTITION OF ... AS FALLBACK

or

CREATE TABLE ... PARTITION OF ... AS DEFAULT PARTITION
CREATE TABLE ... PARTITION OF ... AS FALLBACK PARTITION

Could any of these be feasible?

Sven