Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/13/18 11:04 PM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:
> Hi PostgreSQL lovers,
>
> I heard news that Redhat is going to acquired by IBM. IBM has its on
> database. And they have history of selling applications with their own
> hardware (software and hardware together).
>
> As per my knowledge PostgreSQL community has better support for Redhat
> family than any other platforms.

Not seeing it:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/

> Does community is going to support/focus more Debian platforms ?
> Does community has any plan to switch their main supported platform?

There is no main supported platform. There is the source and there are
packaging built off the source. The packaging is done by a diverse group
of people. So for example the RPMS:

https://yum.postgresql.org/contact.php

Devrim Gündüz    EDB

Jeff Frost    PGX