Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From legrand legrand
Subject Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM
Date
List pgsql-general
Ravi Krishna-9 wrote
> Well your information needs some update.
>
> - On AIX, IBM had no issues selling Oracle, a rival to DB2.
> - IBM Global Services, a consulting unit was the single biggest sales
> force for Oracle Installations outside
>   Oracle. In other words, they ended up using Oracle for projects done by
> IGM-GS more than DB2.
>   This was true some 10 yrs ago. Oracle use to point it out , with glee.
> - Many years ago I was informed that Enterprise DB was funded by IBM.
> Don't know how much it is true.

There (is)was a IBM DB2 Oracle compatibily feature, and IBM was interested
by EDB Oracle compatibility one:
https://www.enterprisedb.com/fr/news/enterprisedb-and-ibm%C2%AE-collaborate-integrate-technology-new-version-db2

But IBM didn't bought EDB and it that will make it even more difficult for
Oracle ;o)

Regards
PAscal

--