Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/1/17 19:54, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
>> Please measure it in size, not in number of segments.
> It was difficult to dicide which is reaaonable but I named it
> after wal_keep_segments because it has the similar effect.
>
> In bytes(or LSN)
>  max_wal_size
>  min_wal_size
>  wal_write_flush_after
>
> In segments
>  wal_keep_segments

We have been moving away from measuring in segments.  For example,
checkpoint_segments was replaced by max_wal_size.

Also, with the proposed patch that allows changing the segment size more
easily, this will become more important.  (I wonder if that will require
wal_keep_segments to change somehow.)