Re: Adding Support for Copy callback functionality on COPY TO api - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey V. Lepikhov
Subject Re: Adding Support for Copy callback functionality on COPY TO api
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/2/20 2:41 AM, Sanaba, Bilva wrote:
> Hi hackers,
>
> Currently, the COPY TO api does not support callback functions, while
> the COPY FROM api does. The COPY TO code does, however, include
> placeholders for supporting callbacks in the future.
>
> Rounding out the support of callback functions to both could be very
> beneficial for extension development. In particular, supporting
> callbacks for COPY TO will allow developers to utilize the preexisting
> command in order to create tools that give users more support for moving
> data for storage, backup, analytics, etc.
>
> We are aiming to get the support in core PostgreSQL and add COPY TO
> callback support in the next commitfest.The attached patch contains a
> change to COPY TO api to support callbacks.

Your code almost exactly the same as proposed in [1] as part of 'Fast
COPY FROM' command. But it seems there are differences.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/3d0909dc-3691-a576-208a-90986e55489f%40postgrespro.ru

--
regards,