Re: pgsql: Fix row filters with multiple publications - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix row filters with multiple publications
Date
Re: pgsql: Fix row filters with multiple publications  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-committers
Hmm, this seems to have failed on wrasse [1], due to a timeout when
waiting for tablesync to complete:

2022-03-17 17:39:28.247 CET [19962:1] LOG:  logical replication table
synchronization worker for subscription "sub2", table "tab1" has started
2022-03-17 17:39:28.258 CET [19964:1] LOG:  logical replication table
synchronization worker for subscription "sub2", table "tab4" has started

In the previous runs this completed pretty much immediately (less than a
second), but this time the workers got stuck, so the script keeps
looping on the $synced_query. There's nothing in the log, so either it's
some sort of lock wait or infinite loop.

However, this fails in 013_partition.sql, which was not modified in this
commit. And there have been multiple successful runs since it was
modified (in c91f71b9dc). So it's not clear if this is a pre-existing
issue and we just happened to hit it now, or maybe it's introduced by
either c91f71b9dc or 5a07966225. But neither of these commits touched
tablesync at all, so I'm puzzled how could it happen.

regards

[1]
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=wrasse&dt=2022-03-17%2016%3A08%3A19

--