Re: Damaged (during upgrade?) table, how to repair? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From W.P.
Subject Re: Damaged (during upgrade?) table, how to repair?
Date
List pgsql-general
W dniu 04.07.2021 o 19:48, Adrian Klaver pisze:
> On 7/4/21 9:33 AM, W.P. wrote:

>>> I would say your second sentence contradicts your first.
>>
>> Nope ;). There was 1 500GB disc, with Fedora24 and Postgres 9.5. Then
>> copied "sector by sector" (and resized partitions, volumes, fs) to
>> 1TB one. This was my "working" disc.
>>

> Just dawned on me, why aren't you working directly from the 1TB disk?
>
> It has the presumably intact files from before the OS/Postgres
> upgrades and the power experiment.

"Only problem that OS does not boot beyond "emergency mode"."...

But I made some progress:

- booted up into single user, bring up Ethernet, now CAN start Postgres
but only using pg_ctl directly, does NOT work using systemctl... So
problem is (possibly) with systemd.

Dumped base, pg_dump worked fine, dump gzipped is < 600MB, so I assume
that somehow Postgres recovered from my (stupid) move...

BTW, pls respond only to list.

Laurent