Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/8/20 12:28 PM, Tory M Blue wrote:

>     So what are you using to do the ALTER you mentioned earlier?
>
> alter user 'user' with password 'password';   I run this after, because
> as I've shown the upgrade is changing this single password, the why is
> the question. I can recover, by changing it obviously as seen above.
> This allows the production workload to work :)

So are just making up a new password.

>     So to be clear both the 9.5 and 12 instance are running on the same OS
>     version?
>
> Same exact box, same hardware, same kernel same everything.  I'm
> literally, sshing into my 9.5 box that has been running for years and
> running a postgres upgrade.. This one particular password is being
> changed, and again since it's an MD5 hash, there is no way for me (or
> anyone I think) to map that to a regular pass..

I'm out of ideas at the moment. Got to go finish cutting down a tree,
maybe the chainsaw will shake an another idea loose:)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com