Re: CTEs and temp_buffers? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From MichaelDBA
Subject Re: CTEs and temp_buffers?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,
Of course, you're right! I got sidetracked thinking about temp_buffers with respect to temporary tables and not CTEs where work_mem stuff would apply.  But back to the temp_buffers thing.  Can you acknowledge that my thinking is right about that?  That temporary table buffers if exceeding temp_buffers gets logged to the <datadir>/base/pgsql_tmp area and is not logged in the logs at all?   My testing seems to confirm that.