Re: [External] Dropping connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [External] Dropping connections
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/26/24 12:56, Tarras, Tim wrote:
> Windows Defender is turned off and a 3rd party AV is being used.  We did ask about that and were told that would not
bethe issue.  I would also think that I would be dropping the connection when I am on the Server itself which is not
thecase.

> I have attached the log files with the Errors highlighted in Yellow Go to last page in each one. In reading the whole
errorthe password authentication failed for the postgres user, which is not the user we are logged in as to this
database.

Not sure if this is related but for completeness:

1) There seem to be quite a few of:

"ERROR:  relation <some_relation> does not exist at character"

Is that normal?

2) Also:

FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"

Somewhat concerning that someone/thing is trying to connect as the super
user and failing. Maybe just erroneous password for some monitoring
program or potentially someone trying to hack the database.

3) In your original post you said the issue pops up when you are
remotely accessing the Postgres server via ArcgisPro 3.3.0.

a) Where is that remote machine located.

b) OS and version of the machine.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com