Installing PostgreSQL on HPUX 11i (with TCL) -- how does one do it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From afalanga@syracusenetworks.com (Andrew Falanga)
Subject Installing PostgreSQL on HPUX 11i (with TCL) -- how does one do it
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

I've managed to get Postres installed with no trouble, however, I'm
less than successful when trying to install Postgres with the TCL
components built as well.  Actually, the problem isn't the install,
but the build process.  As near as I can figure, the configure script
is finding the GNU C compiler (which lives in /opt/gnu/gcc/bin).

I continually get errors when make is attempting to build the TCL
components and then the script just stops.  Everything starts going
sour when it reaches the TCL components to build libpgtcl.  I get
lot's of parse errors in the source code files.  Below is excerpts
from the output of make.

Please advise.

pgtcl.c:157: `TCL_OK' undeclared (first use in this function)
pgtcl.c:158: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
pgtcl.c: At top level:
pgtcl.c:162: parse error before '*' token
pgtcl.c:163: warning: no previous prototype for `Pgtcl_SafeInit'
pgtcl.c: In function `Pgtcl_SafeInit':
pgtcl.c:164: `interp' undeclared (first use in this function)
gmake[3]: *** [pgtcl.o] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/local/home/afalanga/src/play_build/postgresql-7.2.3/src/interfaces/libpgtcl'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/local/home/afalanga/src/play_build/postgresql-7.2.3/src/interfaces'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/local/home/afalanga/src/play_build/postgresql-7.2.3/src'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

pgtclId.h:62: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of
`Pg_ConnType'
pgtclId.h:62: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

pgtclCmds.h:130: parse error before "cData"

Thanks,
Andy