Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:
Date
Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:  (aws backup <albatin.saltanat@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 11/12/2016 01:20 PM, aws backup wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to make pg_dumpall backups from a PostgreSQL 9.5 server which is part of the DaVinci Resolve 12.5.3 App on a
MacOS X 10.11.6 system.

> Unfortunately I get following failure message:
>
> pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"
>
> Maybe you can help me to solve this problem.

Two choices:

1) Determine what the password is for the postgres user and provide it
when you connect.

2) If you have access to the pg_hba.conf file create a access line that
uses trust as the auth method for user postgres connect that way.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/auth-methods.html#AUTH-TRUST

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com