[GENERAL] BDR question on dboid conflicts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Zhu, Joshua
Subject [GENERAL] BDR question on dboid conflicts
Date
List pgsql-general

Database oid is used in both bdr.bdr_nodes, as node_dboid, and bdr.bdr_connections, as conn_dboid, also used in construction of replication slot names.

I noticed that when trying to join a bdr group, if the database oid on the new node happens to be the same as that of an node already in the bdr group, the join would fail, and the only way to resolve the conflict that I was able to come up with has been to retry with dropping/recreating the database until the dboid does not conflict with any node already in the group.

Is there a better way to handle this kind of conflicts, especially doing so in a script?

Thanks