Re: BUG #17998: Postgres crashes when executing WorkTableScan. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #17998: Postgres crashes when executing WorkTableScan.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 26/06/2023 06:47, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I developed a fuzzing tool that skips the optimizer and directly uses the
> correct physical plan to fuzz postgres, and found a crash caused by
> executing WorkTableScan.
> For detailed steps to reproduce, see the
> link:https://github.com/chenglinLiang/pg-report.

You need to provide some evidence that the plan your fuzzer generated is
valid, ie. something that could be produced by the planner. At a quick
glance, you have a WorkTableScan with no RecursiveUnion, which is bogus.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)