Re: psql does not save contents into file at end of command. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Subject Re: psql does not save contents into file at end of command.
Date
List pgsql-admin

"Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah.rajesh@gmail.com> writes:
> tradein_clients=> \o db.lst
> tradein_clients=> \l  (till this point, there is nothing in file db.lst)
> tradein_clients=> \q (now it saves) (also saves if another \o is issued)

> Dunno till what extent this behavior is justified.

I wasn't too excited about this, but on investigation, psql *does*
fflush() the \o file after each ordinary SQL command;

i see . I did not investigate to that extent , i thought it was for all.

it's only
backslash command output that doesn't necessarily reach the file
immediately.  This is inconsistent ... if we're going to do it for
regular commands seems like we should do it for backslash commands
too.

Thanks for the notice
and belated Merry Christmas.

Regds