Re: transactional shared variable in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Subject Re: transactional shared variable in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-sql
hi,

We do not want to modify our apps for doing auditing.
we are considering table level auditing
auditrail http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/audittrail/projdisplay.php
seems to be doing a good job. i just need to access the "username"
that starts the transaction in webapp from the trigger in audittrail.

basically we want to log selected tables of database without
modifying our web application code.

is it possible to get transaction id (XID) for current transaction ?
should it be used ? sorry for ignorance but i read some discouraging
remarks regarding using it in apps as it is an internal stuff.

regds
mallah.