Re: How to add function schema in search_path in option definitio - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to add function schema in search_path in option definitio
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/8/23 08:06, Lorusso Domenico wrote:
> Hello guys,
> there is a comfortable way to add the schema of the function as in
> search path?
>
> something like
> create my_schema.function() as $body$...$body$
> set search_path to function_schema() || search_path

1) Do you want this to happen inside function per:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/sql-createfunction.html

Writing SECURITY DEFINER Functions Safely

-- Set a secure search_path: trusted schema(s), then 'pg_temp'.
     SET search_path = admin, pg_temp;

or outside the function?

2) How long do you want this change to last?

3) Is this 'function_schema()' actually a function and if so what is it
doing/returning?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com