Re: Timeline ID hexadecimal format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Timeline ID hexadecimal format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have committed the two documentation changes, with some minor adjustments.

On 07.03.23 18:14, Sébastien Lardière wrote:

>>> Indeed, and strtoul is probably a better option than sscanf, don't
>>> you think ?
>>
>> Yeah, the use of sscanf() is kind of weird here.  We have been moving
>> the option parsing to use option_parse_int().  Maybe hex support could
>> be added there.  Or just use strtoul().
>

> I've made the change with strtoul
>
> About option_parse_int(), actually, strtoint() is used, do we need a
> option_parse_ul() fonction ?

For the option parsing, I propose the attached patch.  This follows the
structure of option_parse_int(), so in the future it could be extracted
and refactored in the same way, if there is more need.

Attachment