Re: Yet another indexing issue. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pirtea Calin
Subject Re: Yet another indexing issue.
Date
List pgsql-general
> > Where would one find set enable_seqscan=off; in the docs?
>
> To be honest I'm not sure where it's mentioned.  It's a big tool that
> lets you make some gross changes to the optimizer's planning (sets the
> cost of sequence scan very very high).

I found this in Admin.pdf
3.4.1. Planner and Optimizer Tuning
page 37/38
ENABLE_SEQSCAN (boolean)
    Enables or disables the query planner's use of sequential scan plan
types. It's not possible to
suppress sequential scans entirely, but turning this variable off
discourages the planner from using
one if there is any other method available. The default is on. This is
mostly useful to debug the
query planner.

--
Best regards,