Re: Finding error in long input file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Finding error in long input file
Date
Re: Finding error in long input file
List pgsql-general
On 7/9/24 15:40, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2024, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> bustrac=#\e scripts/insert-addrs.sql 488
>> If that raises this error:
>> environment variable PSQL_EDITOR_LINENUMBER_ARG must be set to specify
>> a line number
>
> Adrian,
>
> It doesn't; it prints the contents of the file to the virtual terminal.
> Using my default small editor, joe, I scrolled back through the file
> displayed without seeing any error.

The error:

LINE 488: ...2832,1,default,'85250 Red House Rd','Paisley','OR','97636')

is giving you the line number and the data:
a) Navigate to that line number using whatever method Joe has for that.
b) Search for '85250 Red House Rd'.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com