Re: Performance issues with large amounts of time-series data - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Hrishikesh (हृषीकेश मेहेंदळे)
Subject Re: Performance issues with large amounts of time-series data
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Tom, Greg,

Thanks for your helpful suggestions - switching the BIGINT to FLOAT
and fixing the postgresql.conf to better match my server configuration
gave me about 30% speedup on the queries.

Because of the fact that my data insert order was almost never the
data retrieval order, I also got a significant (about 3x - 10x)
speedup by CLUSTERing the tables on an index that represented the most
frequent query orders (main_id, timestamp, sub_id, device_id) - the
queries that were taking a few seconds earlier now complete in a few
hundred milliseconds (5s vs. 600ms in some instances).

Thanks Again,
Hrishikesh