Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Preventing abort() and exit() calls in libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01.07.21 20:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> The variant of this I'd been thinking of was
>
>   $(shlib): $(OBJS) | $(SHLIB_PREREQS)
>       $(LINK.shared) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS_SL) $(SHLIB_LINK)
> +ifneq (,$(SHLIB_EXTRA_ACTION))
> +    $(SHLIB_EXTRA_ACTION)
> +endif
>
> (and similarly in several other places); then libpq's Makefile
> could set SHLIB_EXTRA_ACTION to the desired thing.

Right, that looks sensible.  (Maybe the ifneq isn't actually necessary,
since if the variable is not set, nothing would happen.)

> The problem then is, what happens when the extra action fails?
> Without .DELETE_ON_ERROR, the shlib is still there and the next
> make run will think everything's good.

Right.  .DELETE_ON_ERROR is already set in Makefile.global, so it's not
necessary to set it again.