Re: BUG #18187: Unexpected error: "variable not found in subplan target lists" triggered by JOIN - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrei Lepikhov
Subject Re: BUG #18187: Unexpected error: "variable not found in subplan target lists" triggered by JOIN
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 9/11/2023 18:08, Richard Guo wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 12:51 PM Andrei Lepikhov
> <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru <mailto:a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru>> wrote:
>
>     ... Should we add a reference to the
>     bug that triggered the issue as a comment to the test?
>

> Yeah, we can do that.  I guess something like:
>
> -- Check that SJE removes references from PHVs correctly (bug #18187)
>
>     Also, to be sure,
>     maybe add column t4.code into the list of the coalesce parameters?
>

> I don't think it's necessary.  It is t3 that SJE would remove, so it's
> sufficient to have t3's Vars in the PHV expression to trigger this
> error.

Agree. I've considered the situations when something in the internal
planner logic changes, and relations could arrive in a different order.
In that case, we sort relids, and have determined behaviour. So, do we
wait for Alexander's glance?

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov