Re: Write performance on a large database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tv@fuzzy.cz
Subject Re: Write performance on a large database
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hi, I have performance issues on very large database(100GB). Reading from
> the database is no problem, but writing(or heavy writing) is a nightmare.
> I have tried tuning postgresql, but that does not seem to improving the
> writing performance.
> To improve the write performance, what are my options?

Hard to tell with this little info. We need to know more about your
hardware (CPU, RAM, disk setup, ...), PostgreSQL configuration (number of
checkpoint segments, ...) and output from tools like vmstat and iostat.

regards
Tomas