Re: [HACKERS] Why does logical replication launcher setapplication_name? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Why does logical replication launcher setapplication_name?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18/04/17 18:24, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 4/18/17 12:13, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>> We can definitely easily detect that the bgworker is internal one by
>> library_name equals 'postgres' so we can easily remove the usesysid and
>> usename based on that.
>
> I don't see why we need to do that.  It is showing the correct
> information, isn't it?

It does, but it's also one of the things Tom complained about and I
think he is right in that at least values for launcher should be
filtered out there as there is not much meaning in what is shown for
launcher. The ugly part is that we can't tell it's launcher in any other
way than comparing bgw_library_name and bgw_function_name to specific
values.

Services