Re: current_date / datetime stuff - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rodrigo De León
Subject Re: current_date / datetime stuff
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 6/4/07, Joshua <joshua@joshuaneil.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was hoping someone here may be able to help me out with this one:
>
> Is there anything similiar to:     SELECT current_date;
> that will return the date of the first Monday of the month?
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Joshua

select ( select case i <= dow   when true  then d + (i - dow + 7)   when false then d + (i - dow) end from (   select d
 , extract(dow from d)::int as dow   , 1 as i -- monday   from (     select date_trunc('month',current_date)::date - 1
asd   ) q ) q2

) as first_monday_of_the_month