Re: Migration Oracle multitenant database to PostgreSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Migration Oracle multitenant database to PostgreSQL ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
ROS Didier schrieb am 24.11.2020 um 09:09:
> I would like to know if it is possible to migrate Oracle multitenant
> database (with multiple PDB) to PostgreSQL ?
Postgres' databases are very similar to Oracle's PDBs.

Probably the biggest difference is, that you can't shutdown
a single database as you can do with a PDB.

Database users in Postgres are like Oracle's "common users", they are
global for the whole instance (aka "cluster" in Postgres' terms). There
are no database specific users.

Thomas