Retain PREPARE or connect trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Funk
Subject Retain PREPARE or connect trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
I am using rsyslog (a syslog to database application) to connect to my
postgresql database. It then executes Insert after Insert 100s a
minute.... I have been reading about the PREPARE statement and think
that could dramatically increase my insert speed. The problem is, as
you all know, that PREPARE only works for the session that it was
executed. I cannot make rsyslog prepare the statement when it start's
it's session, so how can I use the ability of "PREPARE" in this
situation?

I was thinking maybe that there would be away to trigger the prepare
statement when the rsyslog user connects. Or is there another option
like PREPARE that persists?

Thanks for your help.

Justin Funk