Re: Atomicity in DB transactions (Rollback related) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jasbinder Singh Bali
Subject Re: Atomicity in DB transactions (Rollback related)
Date
List pgsql-general
Could you please give me some quick and helpful pointers for SPI programing in pl/perl?

Thanks,
Jas

On 6/18/07, Alvaro Herrera < alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Jasbinder Singh Bali escribió:
> Hi,
> I have a Pl/Perlu function in which I have a statement like this:
>
> *******************
> my $query_tbl_l_header = $dbh->prepare("SELECT
>
> my $exec_l_from
> =$query_tbl_l_header->execute($unmask_id,$from,$to,$sender,$subject,$replyto,$cc,$bcc,$messageid,$inreplyto,$reference,$mversion,$con_type,$con_id,$con_des,$con_enc,$con_length,$con_dis);

You have a PL/PerlU opening an independent transaction via DBI?  That's
a bad idea and the explanation to your problem.  You should be using SPI
instead; there are methods for this in PL/Perl.

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"Hay que recordar que la existencia en el cosmos, y particularmente la