server closed unexpectedly while executing a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jasbinder Singh Bali
Subject server closed unexpectedly while executing a function
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi
I'm running a function in perl and it says

NOTICE:  DBD::Pg::st execute failed: server closed the connection unexpectedly
    before or while processing the request.

CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  sp_email( $1 ,  $2 )"
PL/pgSQL function "func_trg_email" line 2 at perform
NOTICE:  DBD::Pg::st execute failed: no connection to the server

how can i get more verbose messages that would tell me where exactly I'm going wrong.
I'm calling function sp_email from a trigger function func_trg_email here.

Thanks,
jas