Re: [GENERAL] Version 1 Calling convention - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jasbinder Bali
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Version 1 Calling convention
Date
List pgsql-novice
Does that mean if I am passing a char value to the version 1 function from a function in the database then in the version 1 function it needs to be treated as text*??

On 8/30/06, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 05:38:34AM -0400, Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 (test);

<snip>

>           char *raw_rawemail1 = PG_GETARG_CHAR_P(1); //line 6 (warning
> thrown for this line)

<snip>

> Was trying to test the code given in the postgres manual.
> The only diff being that i changed the data type from text* to char* and it
> gives me a warning like:
>
> "initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast" at line 6 as
> commented above.
>
> Can any1 point why?

Sure, there's no such function PG_GETARG_CHAR_P(). You should set your
compiler to warn about stuff like this.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   < kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/