Re: Version 1 Calling convention - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jasbinder Bali
Subject Re: Version 1 Calling convention
Date
List pgsql-general
Well I think I can because so far its been working fine.
Anyways, as suggested by others too, I'm going to change it to SPI but right now the matter of concern is the error that I'm getting.
Is it because I'm using ECPG in server side code or something else?

On 8/30/06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> I have a .pgc file and i have the following code snippet in it:
>
> PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 (test);
>
> Datum
> test (PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
> {
>  EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;

You can't use ecpg in server-side functions.  You need to use the SPI
interface.

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/