Re: Create array of data from JSONB in PG 9.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Create array of data from JSONB in PG 9.5
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/15/19 2:01 AM, Arup Rakshit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote the below SQL which works and give me what I want, but it doesn’t work in 9.5 version. I wrote this query in
PG10. I want to change it so that I can run it on 9.5 as production using 9.5 version. I need help on this.

> SELECT DISTINCT
>     ARRAY [jsonb_array_elements(data) ->> 'group', jsonb_array_elements(jsonb_array_elements(data) -> 'properties')
->>'name']

> FROM
>     "vessels"
> WHERE
>     "vessels"."deleted_at" IS NULL
>     AND "vessels"."company_id" = '7d105acd-be5a-4225-a2db-b549105e4172';
>

> When I ran the same query to production I get error:
>
> ERROR:  set-valued function called in context that cannot accept a set

I would break this down into smaller units to see what is actually
triggering the above ERROR. In other words run the
jsonb_array_elements() independently and then start adding them together.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com