Re: [HACKERS] btree_gin and btree_gist for enums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] btree_gin and btree_gist for enums
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 02/27/2017 04:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> OK, here's the whole series of patches.
> I've not tested it at all, but this looks generally sane in a quick
> once-over.
>
> A minor quibble is that in 0003, you weren't terribly consistent about
> argument order --- in some places you have the FmgrInfo argument added
> before the collation argument, and in some places after.  I'd suggest
> trying to make the argument orders consistent with the fmgr.c support
> functions.  (I'm generally -1 on blindly adding stuff at the end.)

Thanks for reviewing.

I don't mind changing it, but if I do I'm inclined to make it as
consistent as possible with the 0002 patch, which did put all the
FmgrInfo arguments at the end - there's not any other more obvious place
for them in that case, as there is no collation argument.

cheers

andrew