Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Damir
Subject Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Although v7 patch doesn't have commit messages on the patch, I think
> leave commit message is good for reviewers.

Sure, didn't notice it. Added the commit message to the updated patch.

>   * Note: DON'T convert this error to "soft" style (errsave/ereturn). We
>>   * want this data type to stay permanently in the hard-error world
>> so that
>>   * it can be used for testing that such cases still work reasonably.
>
> From this point of view, I think this is a supposed way of using widget.

I agree, it's a good approach for checking datatype errors, because
that's what was intended.

> OTOH widget is declared in create_type.sql and I'm not sure it's ok to
> use it in another test copy2.sql.

I think that other regress tests with 'widget' type that will be created
in the future can be not only in the create_type.sql. So it's not a
problem that some type or function is taken from another regress test.
For example, the table 'onek' is used in many regress tests.

Regards,

Damir Belyalov

Postgres Professional

Attachment