Array parameter declaration error - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From &ru
Subject Array parameter declaration error
Date
List pgadmin-support
OS: Win XP
pgAdmin III 1.2.1 and 1.4 beta2 and 1.4 beta3
hungarian language
binary distribution

I wanted to create a new function with array i/o parameters and the
SQL command that pgAdmin assembled was this:

CREATE FUNCTION test(v "varchar"[]) RETURNS "varchar[]" AS
$BODY$BEGIN
RETURN v;
END$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

and after I applied the dialog form, of course the following error occured:

ERROR: type "varchar[]" does not exist.

becouse of the "varchar[]" in the return parameter list instead of "varchar"[]

(By the way, why do you use the [] in the SQL commands instead of the
default _ character? Of course pgsql understands both...)