Re: [BUGS] BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails witherror, "invalid name syntax" when using Japanese symbols - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Justin Muise
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails witherror, "invalid name syntax" when using Japanese symbols
Date
In response to Re: [BUGS] BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails with error, "invalid name syntax" when using Japanese symbols  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Responses Re: [BUGS] BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails with error, "invalid name syntax" when using Japanese symbols  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

Just wanted to see if here was any additional information/testing you required from me, and if you are still reviewing
thisissue.

Thanks,

Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 10:44 AM
To: Justin Muise <JMuise@esri.com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails with error, "invalid name syntax" when using
Japanesesymbols

Justin Muise <JMuise@esri.com> writes:
> Thank you for your quick response! Please see the attached image.

Hm.  If I'm reading that correctly, you've got encoding set to UTF8 but the OS is going to think the encoding is
WIN1252,which will likely affect the behavior of isspace(), which'd successfully break this function.  I'm not sure how
thesystem allowed you to do that.

I wonder though whether it wouldn't be better for SplitIdentifierString to use scanner_isspace() rather than isspace().
That would cause it to not treat things like   as whitespace, but maybe that's OK.