Re: Pgbouncer discard all - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fabio Pardi
Subject Re: Pgbouncer discard all
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Nicola,

I am of the impression that the problem of having waiting clients does not depend from
server_idle_timeout

How is the load on both ends of pgbouncer? High? Low? No activity? A lot of content switch perhaps?

I think that a pool_size of 120 is very high, unless you have an XXL database server. Too high numbers will bring lower performances.

Also i think it would be of interest to know the values you are using for:

default_pool_size  min_pool_size and reserve_pool_size

and of main importance is to actually know what are the active connections doing. Are those all active? Did perhaps somebody forgot to close the connection to the db in your application and they are only waiting to be timed out?

About '
DISCARD ALL', that is the default 'server_reset_query'.

regards,

fabio pardi