Re: Index files - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Harsh Azad
Subject Re: Index files
Date
List pgsql-performance
ah.. thanks. Didn't realize table spaces can be mentioned while creating a index. BTW, are soft links ok to use for pg_clog / pg_xlog . I moved the existing directories to /mnt/logs/pglogs and made soft links for both directories in $PGDATA

Thanks

On 9/14/07, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 08:20 +0530, Harsh Azad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where are the database index files located in the $PGDATA directory? I
> was thinking on soft linking them to another physical hard disk array.

you have to search through pg_class for the "number"

Alternatively, you can try using tablespaces.

create tablespace indexspace location '/mnt/fastarray'
create index newindex on table (index_1) tablespace indexspace

--
Harsh Azad