Re: System in Recovery Mode But No Activity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Cheng
Subject Re: System in Recovery Mode But No Activity
Date
List pgsql-general
I am running postgresql 8.3, I was not aware of the 3 options (smart,
fast, or immediate). So it used the default - "fast".

The state of the server when I sent this e-mail was that there were
two remaining connections/postgres subprocesses. I used kill -9 to
stop those two subprocesses. Then postgres was able to stop normally.
After that, I restarted postgresql normally and it went into recovery
mode for about 30 seconds. After that, it started to behave normally
again.

--
- John L Cheng