Re: Time to drop plpython2? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Time to drop plpython2?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 15.02.22 22:40, Andres Freund wrote:
> 1: plpython: Reject Python 2 during build configuration.

There is a bit of redundancy in the new wording in installation.sgml:

"The minimum required version is <productname>Python</productname> 3.2
or later."

There is also a small bit in install-windows.sgml that would be worth
updating:

<programlisting>
$config->{python} = 'c:\python26';
</programlisting>

Other than that, this looks fine to me, and we should move forward with
this now.

> 2: plpython: Remove plpythonu, plpython2u extensions.
> 3: plpython: Remove regression test infrastructure for Python 2.

The removal of the Python 2 contrib extension variants ended up in patch
3, which seems incorrect.