Re: How to insert bulk data with libpq in C? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Mair
Subject Re: How to insert bulk data with libpq in C?
Date
List pgsql-general
>> May I ask the proper (fast) way of inserting bulk data and if possible, an example would be very appreciated.
>>
>> Please note that the data I would like to insert contains arrays (float8[]).
>>
>> By the way, my environment is Windows 10, PostgreSQL 11 and compiling with Visual Studio 2017.
>
> That would be COPY:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-copy.html

In particular,

copy table (col1, col2, ...) from stdin with binary

see also

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/protocol-flow.html#PROTOCOL-COPY

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-copy.html#id-1.9.3.52.9.4

Also, I suggesttransaction bundling (one commit every 1000 records or so),
depending on context.

Bye,
Chris.