Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 21, 2024 at 08:33:51AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> It occurred to me that psql \dP+ should show the AM of partitioned
> tables (and other partitioned rels).
> Arguably, this could've been done when \dP was introduced in v12, but
> at that point would've shown the AM only for partitioned indexes.
> But it makes a lot of sense to do it now that partitioned tables support
> AMs.  I suggest to consider this for v17.

Not sure that this is a must-have.  It is nice to have, but extra
information is a new feature IMO.  Any extra opinions?

I would suggest to attach a patch, that makes review easier.  And so
here is one.
--
Michael

Attachment